Re: How connect Delphi with Oracle server

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 04 Mar 99 20:40:48 +0100

On 04-Mär-99 05:51:44 Jovan Sarai wrote:

>I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 server on Red Hat Linux. Everything going
>so fine but I can't connect to the database from Delphi 4.0 through BDE
>-native mode, which is installed on NT 4.0. Message is: "The dynamic
>link library OCI.dll could not be found...". Where I can find Open Call
>Interface library for NT 4.0?

The \orant\bin directory has to be in the search path. Normally, the installation of the Oracle client software does this automaticly. Maybe your installation went wrong. (or you forgot to do it :-) You will also have to create a SQL*Net alias for your database for example using SQL*Net Easy Configuration.

>Thanks.
>Jovan

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de