Re: sqlload, skipping colums?

From: Bas A. Schulte <bas_at_yournews.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:28:31 +0100

Hi guru (;)),

> Yes you can, but you will have to give it the column numbers and the data
> type such as:
>
> (
> COLUMN1 position( 1:1) char,
> COLUMN2 position(18:18) char,
> COLUMN3 position(22:22) char,
> COLUMN4 position(32:37)date 'MMDDRR'
> )

Eh. You sure? From the documentation, I understand that POSITION literally refers to character positions, which won't work as my data isn't fixed-length (it's fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"').

So, using 'position' won't help me, I think. Received on Wed Mar 03 1999 - 10:28:31 CST