Re: Calling all Server Gurus

From: Frank Zuern <fzuern_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:18:09 +0000

It depends which OS you're using.
Generally you have to start two parts of Oracle. First part is the so called SGA which is your physical oracle instance. Second part is the Listener, which connects your sql/net to your database.
The tools vary completely between NT and Unix, so you have to figure out yourself which tools you're needing to start