archive logs

From: <noams_at_ncc.co.il>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 14:52:27 GMT

I'm sorry if you get this twice (lousy connection)

My database is working in archive mode (automatic) I have 4 online redo log groups each 10MB and my database holds heavy transactions.

My problem is that the database is switching it's log file each minute! that means my database is producing 10MB of archive each minute.

Although it makes alot of big transactions, I'm not sure that the reason the log files are switched is becuase they are full (maybe cause of some other reason).

Anyhows, if I DO have to keep up writing 10MB of archive each minute then when can i delete them (I'm performing a hot backup each night 00:00)

Thanks in advance