Re: URG: Database Installation

From: Walt <walter_at_dse.it>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:27:07 +0100

I can suggest you the following:
Under NT and Linux you have to create an instance with the SAME characteristics
of your old instance. This mean the same sid, the same directories and all. After
that shut down your new instance and copy ALL your files where they must go.

Pay attention that the path of every file MUST be the same, so the control files
are consistent with your db. I've not been so detailed, but I think it was sufficent ..

bye and good luck