Re: Question on Extents

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:52:41 +0100

Hi,

it isn't bad. Oracle reads Oracle blocks, not extents. And if you have parrallel query option you must have multiple extents, because Oracle splits tables (indexes, cluster ...) in extents for multiple query slaves.
Of course, a very big number (over 100) of extents will be bad, Oracle must manage them in data dictonary.

Torsten