Question on Extents

From: Mike <mminamoto_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:37:30 GMT

Would someone settle a question for me?

Is it good or bad to have multiple table extents (say 30) or not?

I have read, that multiple extents (anything over 4) is bad just for the fact that you have them, now I have been told by a DBA that it's not bad in and of itself... I can't see the logic in that one - but maybe I'm missing something - can anyone shed some light on the subject, and maybe some pointers to reference material on the matter...

Thanks...

A novice Oracle DBA
--
Please remove ".nojunkmail" from my
address before replying............ Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 01:37:30 CST