Re: HELP! Need to enter string from Web bigger than 2000 characters

From: VVattiko <vvattiko_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Feb 1999 04:55:56 GMT

If you are using Oracle 8 you can use DBMS_LOB to insert 2gb into a column which is defined as CLOB. We used JavaScript to parse the string and passed strings of 32767kb bits to the PL/SQL procedure. Inside the procedure we used DBMS_LOB package to insert into CLOB column. HTH Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 22:55:56 CST