HELP! Need to enter string from Web bigger than 2000 characters

From: <jedmonson_at_peavey.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 22:48:44 GMT

Hello,

I am programming an app for Internet use that needs to enter a text field into an Oracle database that is longer than 2000 characters. My DBA has given me a field of LONG type, but the SQL statement won't allow me to send anything over the 2000 char limit. When I concat multiple strings together that add up over 2000, the same error occurs.

How do I get around this. I know Oracle will hold over 2 GBs in this field, but how do I get the large amount of text into it????

Thanks for your time....

John Edmonson
jedmonson_at_peavey.com