Library cache latch contention and SPIN_COUNT

From: Stefan Deisz <g.r.s.deisz_at_kpn.com>
Date: 11 Feb 1999 14:00:20 GMT

Hi all,

On a 30 CPU SUN E10000 we are running into some high library cache latch contention. Extending the shared pool doesn't seem to work, flushing the shared pool does work for a couple of hours. We have the SPIN_COUNT parameter at 2000, the default.

Does anyone know if we can tune the SPIN_COUNT parameter, and if so: to what value?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan. Received on Thu Feb 11 1999 - 08:00:20 CST