questions about "system" and temporary tablespaces

From: <kal121_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 21:14:42 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8 (custom). When I query the dba_users view, I see that system and sys have as their temporary tablespace the system tablespace. Somehow I don't think that is a good idea. I went ahead and changed their temp tablespace to a temp table I called "Temporary_Data".

My question is, why did the installation give sys and system the system tablespace for their temporary tablespace? Is it because I changed the name of the original default temp table during the installation, and hence, could not find it?

Also, who is the DBSNMP user?

Thanks