Re: Cluster aware

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 12:14:46 -0800

There are actually two options you could use here, Oracle Parallel Server or Oracle Fail Safe. I've seen both running myself, but not had to set up the Fail Safe one, so I can't tell you how to do it! However, what you need to determine first is which one you should use. If you want clients on both nodes of the cluster, OPS is your only option. If you don't, you need to look at complexities of each from a management and application perspective, then decide which one to use.

HTH Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA