Oracle on Linux

From: <V_Youmans_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 20:17:51 GMT

I am trying to get an oracle Db system up on RH Linux my self, and rumor has it that you are doing the same. Perhaps you could give me a couple of hints... The server that I want to set up will be one of two formats

Format 1...
A dedicated Oracle server, connected to a dedicated WEB server running JServer/Apache or JRun/Appache.

Format 2... A combination Oracle server / Appache Server with JRun or Jserver.

FYI: JRun and JServer are Java Servlet engines.

My question are:

1... If I start from scratch, What are good Hard Drive Partition configurations for the oracle Server. It will only have one HD.

2... Are you using Java Servlets? If so, whcih engin are you using and which development tools?

3... What were the sticky parts for doing the install?

Thats all for know...
Thanks
Vincent Youmans