Re: sqlplus small doubt

From: Kevin Loney <Kevin.Loney_at_astramerck.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:51:51 -0500

kvsraju_at_usa.net wrote in message <78ro5s$sed$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I have my Oracle 8.0.3.0 database running on windows nt platform.
>All my users,they will be connected to database using an account,say TEST1
>Now i want to make sure that all the users cann't drop tables.
>How is it possible?
>there is no command called DROP TABLE to disable the user.
>so i want to control through sql*plus

Use PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE. Create a record that has a "Product" value of "SQL*Plus", a USERID value of the username (or "%" for all users, or "TEST%" for all users whose usernames start with "TEST"), an ATTRIBUTE value of "DROP TABLE" and a CHAR_VALUE of "DISABLED". I haven't tried this particular example out, but have disabled other such commands with the same functionality.

See also Oracle8 DBA Handbook, pages 328-9.

hth.
Kevin
http://www.kevinloney.com Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 08:51:51 CST