Re: create two db on the personal oracle

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:12:28 GMT

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:40:01 -0800, John Koo <johnkoo_at_i-wave.net> wrote:

>ba la wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanna to create two database on my pc where the personal oracle 8
>> was installed. But I don't know where or how to set the ORACLE_SID.
>> Appreciate for your information. thanks.
>>
>> Ken Chow
>
>Personal Oracle ?? as far as I can remember, it is not able to create
>more than one instance. Get standard / enterprise edition instead. And it
>is not able to change SID other than ORCL in personal oracle. I hope this
>can help.

You can create more than one instance of PO, however because you have to have a separate ORACLE_HOME for each instance you are able to run only one of them simultaneously.

And yes, you can name your SID whatever you want it (mine for example is named "PO73"). But to achieve this, you must create your database manualy, defaultly instaled instance is allways named ORCL. This is true for PO 7.3, I don't know if it's changed in PO8.

>John Koo
>johnkoo_at_i-wave.net

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sun Jan 17 1999 - 06:12:28 CST