Re: Experiences of Parallel Server on Oracle8

From: Patrick Nobels <patrick.nobels_at_ping.be>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:53:01 +0100

Hi,
We use OPS in Oracle 7 and have a lot of problems because the sync of the instances is done via disk (pinging).
We are told that this problem will be solved in O8 due to changes in the sync mechanism. In stead of sync via disk the instances will exchange data memory to memory.

Thats all I know of it at this stage. But I'm studying it. As soon as I have more info, I'll let you know.

Kevin Johnson heeft geschreven in bericht <777kna$2qf$1_at_news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...