Re: URGENT:Help for recreate CTRL-File with damaged DATAFILE needed

From: Pat Minnis <pminnis_at_maverick.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:30:49 -0600

I was having a bit of trouble following your post, but it sounds like you know you have trashed RBS and your trying to create controlfile without it. When you try to start the database, it hasn't got rollback segs to work with. Is that right?

If you could get the database up far enough to vary the original system rollback segment online (and maybe the real online rollback segs offline), you might be fine it seems.

But more important, the main problem that might make it impossible is that the data dictionary probably still thinks there is a RBS tablespace that ought to be online and ready to go.

If its critical that you get this data back, I'm thinking directly edit the system datafile? Ouch! There are not many system programmers that good in these days of windows and I'm certainly not one.