Comparision with TIBCO, Vitria and MQ Series?

From: John Harris <jharri_at_sapient.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:11:52 -0500

Hi Jonathan,

I am currently involved in work on enterprise integration projects. I would be interested in comparisons of TIBCO, Vitria and MQ series against Oracle AQ. Or comparisons of any other message based middleware. I believe Oracle would probably come in last. Has anyone got any info?

Vitria publish some staggering performance metrics for published events/second. I.E. sustained message rates of 3000 events per second with a message size of 100 bytes over 12 channels.

They claim on the same hardware That TIBCO (TIB/Rendezvous) could only handle about 200 events per second

My wild guess, with no evidence at all, is that Oracle would be way below these numbers (10-100)