Re: TNSNAMES.ORA SNMP.ORA LISTENER.ORA

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:20:44 +0100

As far as I can see it's almost correct. First of all: to issue the services command in lsnrctl you need to set the password first. NB
If you have an unencrypted password in your listener.ora (as you do), you need to have set password and the password on one line set password oracle.
If however you have an encrypted password, you should enter a return after the set password string, have prompted for the password and enter the password in response. This is described 'somewhere' on support.oracle.com

Then the dbsnmp.address is incorrect, the portnumber should be 1748 as assigned by IANA.
The dbsnmp.spawnaddress is also incorrect, the portnumber should be 1754, as per IANA.
The portnumber for the agent in tnsnames.ora is incorrect, it should be 1748. I know that when you use Oracle Network Manager this line is going to read agent_server = etc.
The same of course applies to topology.ora. My name is written down as first name followed by last name. I felt a little bit offended by your previous replies.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA