Re: TNSNAMES.ORA SNMP.ORA LISTENER.ORA

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 19:03:10 GMT

If you're trying to stop the database listener, you first need to "SET PASSWORD oracle" to be able to shut it down. You have specified in the line "PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)" that a user must specify this password to stop this service.

From the description of the error message TNS-01169:

01169, 00000, "The listener has not recognized the password" *Cause: The security feature of the listener is preventing the intended operation.
*Action: Some commands like stopping the listener are only intended to be done by DBAs. A client can only use LSNRCTL to get the status of a listener and the version of the listener software running. The command that the client attempted may not have been appropriate. If a DBA is attempting the command then use the "set password" command at the LSNRCTL prompt with one of the appropriate passwords in the PASSWORDS_<listener_name> entry in LISTENER.ORA. If you do not know a password then you are trying to execute an inappropriate command.

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 17:54:48 GMT, jricardo_at_ipb.pt wrote:

>I've got to configure Oracle Agent ... it's running...
>but when i lsnrctr services say :
>TNS - 01169 listener dos not recognize password !!!
>
>CAN ANYONE send me an sample of these files to put my Inteligent Agent working
>and to put Enterprise manager Discovering Services ?????
>And can anyone Explain me the steps to configure it ???
>
>I've a DB name oracle.world
>Host name : SERVER IP 10.10.10.1
>
>HERE it goes the ORA files !!!
>################
># Filename......: listener.ora
># Node..........: server.world
># Date..........: 5-JAN-99 13:23:20
>################
>LISTENER =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL= IPC)
> (KEY= oracle.world)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL= IPC)
> (KEY= ORCL)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= tcpcom.world)
> (PROTOCOL= TCP)
> (Host= server)
> (Port= 1526)
> )
> )
>STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
>CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
>TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
>SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> (SID_DESC =
> (SID_NAME = ORCL)
> (ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_HOME)
> (PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)
> )
> )
>PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)
>

>SNMP.ORA -------- ################# Filename......: snmp.ora
>################# snmp.visibleservices = (oracle.world,
>server_listener.world) snmp.index.oracle.world = 1
>snmp.index.server_listener.world = 2 snmp.contact.oracle.world =
>"jricardo_at_ipb.pt" snmp.contact.server_listener.world = "jricardo_at_ipb.pt"
>snmp.sid.oracle.world = ORCL snmp.oraclehome.oracle.world=$ORACLE_HOME
>nmi.register_with_names=false nmi.trace_level = 0 nmi.trace_mask = (106)
>nmi.trace_directory = $ORACLE_HOME\network\trace dbsnmp.address =
>(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=server)(PORT=1526)))
>dbsnmp.spawnaddress =
>(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=server)(PORT=1526)))
>
>SQLNET.ORA
>----------
>
>TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = OFF
>names.directory_path = (TNSNAMES)
>names.default_domain = world
>name.default_zone = world
>

>TNSNAMES.ORA
>------------
>oracle.world =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS =
> (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (Host = server)
> [...]

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Jan 07 1999 - 13:03:10 CST