Re: How Do I set up Personal Oracle Instances?

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 02:12:15 GMT

>No, there's a little thing you've overlooked. SQL*Plus 8.0 will be
>using Net8 (and therefore finding it's tnsnames.ora info under
>%ORACLE_HOME%\net80\admin), and SQL*Plus 3.3 will be using SQL*Net 2.3
>(and therefore finding it's tnsnames.ora info under
>%ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin).
>
>You need to configure both if you're going to mix tools relying on
>Net8 and SQL*Net 2.3

AAAARRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It HATES me!

I had both network and net80 set up with the tnsnames.ora files for the bequeath stuff and it ABSOLUTELY doesn't find anything......

Is EVERYTHING but sqlplus 8.0 using the setup in network instead of net80?

BTW: After REINSTALLING sqlnet for the 3rd time, and THEN going back and putting the listener and tnsnames files in BOTH places AGAIN........... It APPEARS to be working......... I was even able to get into Designer and create an application........ Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 20:12:15 CST