Re: A challenge...

From: Paul de Anguera <nospam_at_quidnunc.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 20:39:35 GMT

In article <368f8664.15900023_at_news.prestel.co.uk>, leonard_at_lf-clark.prestel.co.uk (Leonard F. Clark) wrote:
>Following on from Richard's response, I suspect he is pointing in the
>right direction. Additional thoughts:
>
>Are the redo files big enough for the volume of transactions?

Chiming in with Len: we have four groups of 100 MB logs, which are pretty big logs by most people's standards. But I've seen those suckers rotate every three to five minutes during heavy loads, such as an import. We used to have three groups; I added a fourth one to give the archive writer a little slack. Look in your alert log and see if there are any messages like "Unable to allocate log file..." following a series of quick log rotations.

Paul de Anguera | "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say
Reply to:       | what you want to say sometimes, so you have to
deanguer@       | rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."
quidnunc.net    | - Frank Zappa