Re: A challenge...

From: Leonard F. Clark <leonard_at_lf-clark.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 15:04:16 GMT

Following on from Richard's response, I suspect he is pointing in the right direction. Additional thoughts:

Are the redo files big enough for the volume of transactions?

Are the redo log buffers big enough to support the throughput (I seem to remember that the default values for these are always far too small for a busy database)?

Are you checkpointing too frequently? (Less likely)

Len