Starting database in 8.0.4 using win95

From: <fm_at_klaatu.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 17:49:04 GMT

Hi, I just installed oracle 8.0.4 client on a windows 95 machine. I am unable to connect/instantiate/mount/start the database. Frankly, I have no idea of where and how to start. I am getting various errors when trying to login in as system/maganer or scott/tiger using and without using connect string orcl. Among the various errors are ORA-12224/ ORA-12203/ ORA-12154. I have looked up the meanings of these messages, and the destination is the problem. I tried to start the instance but was not successfull. I did not have a problem using the same procedures in personal oracle 7.0.3. Any ideas or pointers will be appreciated.

Farooq