Re: advice needed

From: <Uge_at_VaxMan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 13:29:20 GMT

If it's a book you are after then the official (i.e. Oracle published) Concepts Manual is a good start. There are 3rd party offerings but I haven't seen any which give a good a general intro. Another approach would be to get a copy of the software and install it on your PC, then play.
Finally consider a training course. Loads of them around, but IMO very difficult to be sure that all delegates are at the same starting point as you, and the instructer may be good or bad.

Eugene (Oracle Certified dba looking for a job with VMS or NT).