Re: CUBE operator??

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 19:40:22 -0500

Hi Jimmy:

Oracle8.1 (ie. Oracle8i) has a CUBE operator and a ROLLUP operator that is part of the GROUP BY clause. ROLLUP returns summarized rows plus subtotals of summarized rows. CUBE returns rows as cross-tabbed results. I don't know about SQLServer.

Also, in any version of Oracle you can *fake* cross-tabbing by using the DECODE function, but it can get a little ugly, although the values are, of course, correct.

Hope this helps.

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site