Re: ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 1598 in tablespace

From: <hwang_at_atlanta.glenayre.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:35:46 GMT

In article <367324b9.0_at_ecn.ab.ca>,
  suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca () wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I got the following error. What should I do?
>
> ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 1598 in tablespace SYSTEM
>
> --
> Best regards,

Looks like that you're doing sort in the system tablespace, which might be assigned incorrectly as your temporary tablespace. The system tablespace is usually small, and you as regular user should not use it for sorting. Check with your DBA and change your temporary tablespace to other tablespaces like users.

Hong