Re: Databases on drives other than Oracle Home

From: <jtesta_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:39:26 GMT

Murf, to do anything more than the generic setup(which you have already experienced), requires doing it manually. You will need to run data dictionary creation scripts, create tablespaces manually, etc. Once you have a db up and running, then you can use enterprise manager to create all of the extra tablespaces.

I have created db in the NT world where the oracle binaries are on one drive and all the database files are on another. feel free to email me direct and i'll send you some scripts on how to do it.

mailto:murf_at_oracle-dba.com

joe
http://www.oracle-dba.com

PS:dont send email to the acct listed here, it will just bounce.