Re: Help Granting Roles thru NT

From: Eric Mortensen <emortens_at_harris.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:01:34 -0500

I set os_authent_prefix = ""
Since this user is a domain user the syntax is create "ISDASG\BSMITH" identifed externally;
This is done to identify a domain user. The domain being ISDASG.

Also I get an error ORA-1956 invalid command when OS_ROLES are being used, if

    I try and grant the user that role. Also this would defeat the purpose of granting roles to users thru NT.  I guess to answer your question is yes the user is creating and is working before I tried
 do this thing of granting roles to database users thru NT. I also did grant him the
role comm before I set OS_ROLES=TRUE. So after I did set OS_ROLES=TRUE I can't grant users roles because I get ORA-1956.

Hope this makes sense and helps clarify things.

Thanks in advance for any help.