Re: Problems with cursors

From: Dave Klinger <dklinger_at_bechtel.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:24:52 GMT

This is a parameter which can be set in the INIT.ORA file. There is a parameter OPEN_CURSORS which by default is set to 50. You can increase this number (need to restart the instance for the new value to be recognized). Or if this is an in-house application, the developer might want to look back at the code and see if it can be written to better utilize (releasing un-needed) cursors.

Dave