Automating NT Backup with archivelog on (hot)

From: Peter Kellner <Peter_at_Kellner.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:21:15 GMT

Hi,

I'd like to automate backing up an NT server running oracle 7.3. Right now, it is a big pain because of all the manual steps. I want to have one script that does an incremental with the system HOT, and another script that shuts the database down, does a full backup, then starts it again.

Any ideas or places I can find such a thing. I want to make sure that error status are checked for things like deleting transaction logs.

Thanks for any help

Peter_at_kellner.com Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 18:21:15 CST