Oracle Lite Alter Table error

From: <dmeany_at_metasolv.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 23:44:41 GMT

Has anyone else had trouble with ALTER TABLE on Oracle Lite? I don't think it's my typing because I get the same syntax error in Oracle 8 Navigator when trying to modify a table using the designer. Here's the example:

Oracle Open Client Adapter for ODBC 6.0.5.1.0 Oracle Lite ORDBMS 3.5.0.1.0

SQL> create table test1 ( a char(1) );

Table created.

SQL> alter table test1 modify ( a varchar(10) ); alter table test1 modify ( a varchar(10) ) *
ERROR at line 1:
OCA-30021: error preparing/executing SQL statement [POL-5228] syntax error

SQL> desc test1

 Name                            Null?    Type