Re: HELP! Need ammo against Oracle on NT!!

From: <oliver.willandsen_at_sg.cec.be>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 12:35:45 GMT

In article <366C1F6A.27B452BB_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com>,   michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com wrote:
> Gary Zayas wrote:
> >
> > >Last weeks PC Week had an article that said Oracle on UNIX runs circles
> > >around Oracle on NT. Not surprising. UNIX is the first platform Oracle is
> > >developed for, then ported everywhere else. I think Novell is among the
last
> > >platforms to get new releases. Not surprising either.
> > >

> > Is that true? I thought VMS was the first Oracle OS supported.
> >
> > Greg

Development platform for Oracle is Solaris, then it's ported to NT and then to all the other platforms ( flavors of UNIX, Linux, Novell etc. )

Regards

--
Oliver Willandsen
European Commission - http://europa.eu.int

All comments represent my own opinion and may not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission

European Parliament - http://europarl.eu.int European Council - http://ue.eu.int
European Central Bank - http://www.ecb.int Other European Union sites - http://europa.eu.int/en/agencies.html or
http://europa.eu.int/index-en.htm