Re: HELP! Need ammo against Oracle on NT!!

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:24:23 GMT

In article <366bffad.5897075_at_news.njcc.com>, agazaya_at_ag.state.nj.us says...
> On Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:01:09 -0000, "Daniel Clamage"
> <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com> wrote:
>
> >Last weeks PC Week had an article that said Oracle on UNIX runs circles
> >around Oracle on NT. Not surprising. UNIX is the first platform Oracle is
> >developed for, then ported everywhere else. I think Novell is among the last
> >platforms to get new releases. Not surprising either.
> >

> Is that true? I thought VMS was the first Oracle OS supported.

You were correct. Oracle 7 is the release developed first on Unix. I believe the reasoning was they could release to more O/S's (read the different flavors of Unix) at once.

Contrary to another poster, VMS is quite alive and well with new releases announced.

Liz
--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 13:24:23 CST