Re: HP-UX 10.20 file size limit

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:55:22 GMT

Max file size on HP-UX 10.20 is 128Gb, but I don't think Oracle will actually
allow you to use it because of a 32-bit pointer issue.

Paraphrasing from the release notes:

To declare a filesystem capable of files larger than 2Gb you have to use the
mkfs, newfs, or fsadm commands with the -o largefiles option, e.g.

/usr/sbin/fsadm -F hfs -o largfiles /dev/vg02/lvol1

Also, when using fsadm to convert a file system to allow large files the file system must be unmounted, and fsck has to be run on it after successful conversion.

Jonathan Lewis

opus <opus_at_nospam.ca> wrote in article <365D7615.761B_at_nospam.ca>...