HP-UX 10.20 file size limit

From: opus <opus_at_nospam.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:39:01 -0500

I believe the largest data file you can get is 2 GIG correct? I was trying to get a 12G tablespace and found out that I had to create 6 2G files to do it. This seems to be a limitation of the OS itself, anyone know the reason why this so?

Also, another gentleman in this newsgroup mentioned that he couldn't get a SHMMAX higher than 1 Gig in the kernel even if he has more memory than that. Hmmmmmm, begs the question as to why again. I don't have official HP support or I'd ask'em so thought I'd try here to start with.

Please reply to newsgroup and not email, thanks all in advance... Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 09:39:01 CST