Creating multiple instances on a single machine

From: Mark's News <mark_at_dtgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:35:56 -0500

Hi,

I am using oracle for the first time and have worked with Sybase for some time.

I would like to create an addional instance on my sun machine, so that I can create another database. The oracle documentation is not very clear on how this is done.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark Intrieri
Daedalus Technology Group Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 13:35:56 CST