Oracle Date Time insert

From: Tom Tamulewicz <tomjt1_at_4sighttech.com.nospam>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:59:04 -0700

This seems really simple but I haven't been able to crack it yet:

I need to insert a date with a time component. I've tried variations on my date representation, but always get the ORA-01830 error. As an example, I tried the date '10-DEC-1998 12:34:45'. I'm executing this through JDBC and would like to make it as reusable as possible. I haven't run across a standard date/time format the works.

TIA, Tom

ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 13:59:04 CST