Re: context contains in procedure

From: <steve_donovan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:45:29 GMT

In article <364991d7.1116585_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,   jkallman_at_us.oracle.com (Joel R. Kallman) wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 10:36:54 -0800, "Steve Donovan" <steve_at_encite.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a context server and text search application which works wonderfully,
> >but now I want to create some procedures to text search.
> >
> >For a simple example, if I were to use a query such as:
> >
> > select * from mytable
> > where contains(text_col, 'me') > 0;
> >
> >everything works fine. However, stick that same query inside a procedure
> >and it results in error:
> >
> > PLS-00201: identifier 'CONTAINS' must be declared.
> >

> >Is there anyone who knows THE answer to this scenario?? I've got
> >permissions coming out of the procedure owners ears!!
>
> This really isn't apparent...you need to explicitly grant privileges
> to the user who is creating this procedure, as in:
>
> GRANT EXECUTE ON CTX_QUERY TO <theuser>;
>
> Also, I'm assuming that you have granted the role CTXUSER to this same
> user.
>
> After doing this, you should be able to compile your procedure.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> >Steve
> >

> Thanks!
>
> Joel
>
> Joel R. Kallman
> Oracle Government, Education, & Health
> Columbus, OH http://govt.us.oracle.com
> jkallman@us.oracle.com http://www.oracle.com

Hi

I have ctxuser role and also explicit execute permission on the ctx_query package. Oracle UK informs me I have to call the ctx_query.contains procedure directly from within my procedure instead of using the contains function as part of a select criteria (although this seems a lot of work given what the procedure version actually does).

Thanks
Steve