defining a variable to hold LONG field using OCI

From: Shaya <shaih_at_NoSpaMinter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:52:16 GMT

Hi All
I'm using Oracle 7.3 and I'm trying to work with LONG fields.

How can I get the actual size of the data in a long field before I use the odefin() so I don't have to allocate all 2^32 (max size)?

My LONG field needs to get sometimes a data length of over 2000 bytes (up to 100M) , but most of the times it is much shorter (under 1024 bytes) is there some other type I can use to hold it?

Thanks in advance
Shaya
Remove the NoSpaM from my e-mail address to reply Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 08:52:16 CST