Re: context contains in procedure

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:38:05 GMT

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 10:36:54 -0800, "Steve Donovan" <steve_at_encite.com> wrote:

>I have a context server and text search application which works wonderfully,
>but now I want to create some procedures to text search.
>
>For a simple example, if I were to use a query such as:
>
> select * from mytable
> where contains(text_col, 'me') > 0;
>
>everything works fine. However, stick that same query inside a procedure
>and it results in error:
>
> PLS-00201: identifier 'CONTAINS' must be declared.
>

>Is there anyone who knows THE answer to this scenario?? I've got
>permissions coming out of the procedure owners ears!!

This really isn't apparent...you need to explicitly grant privileges to the user who is creating this procedure, as in:

        GRANT EXECUTE ON CTX_QUERY TO <theuser>;

Also, I'm assuming that you have granted the role CTXUSER to this same user.

After doing this, you should be able to compile your procedure.

Hope this helps.

>Steve

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 07:38:05 CST