Memory of user process on Solaris (pmap)

From: Jeffrey M. Hunter <jhunter_at_fore.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:02:43 -0500

Greetings,

Can anyone help me in determining how to determine how much memory a user process (an Oracle process) is taking? In short, I want to increase the number of sessions for a particualr DB and want to have an idea on the average memory a shadow process takes. I am playing with pmap. Is this the right direction.

I tried using Top Sessions from OEM and see that there is a Sort By UGA and PGA. I know what PGA is, but don't know what UGA is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-- jeff

| Jeffrey M. Hunter | WORK: jhunter_at_fore.com |
| Oracle Database Administrator | HOME: jhunter_at_isrv.com |
| FORE Systems | www.isrv.com/~jhunter |
| 3000 FORE Drive | OFFICE: (724) 742-7435 |
| Warrendale, PA 15086 | FAX : (724) 789-9601 |