Re: Anyone querying Oracle from a Linux box

From: sv <vss10_at_topmail.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:21:42 +0100

>With Perl, you can always resort to the DBD::Proxy driver that gives
>you the network connection for free.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>--
> Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
> I can take or leave it if I please

The only possibility I know is to use the JDBC-Driver for java. There are different versions of it on the net. Some of them are dependent of the Oracle Call Interface which has
to be installed in the machine. The JDBC-Thin-Driver is 100% pure Java-Code and does not need any additional software. You get it on the Oracle-website / free software download.
I wrote several small Programs (log-services etc.) which post data to my Oracle 8.0.3 server running under Netware. You only need this JDBC-thin-Driver and the Java-SDK for Linux.

Hope that helps

Bye

Stephan Received on Sun Nov 15 1998 - 16:21:42 CST