Re: Who to copy complete database

From: Sven Jensen <svenjensen_at_hanse-net.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:39:20 +0100

Ullrich schrieb:

> Dipl. Biochem. Jonas Ullrich
> Eberhardstr. 11, D-72072 Tübingen
> T: +49 70 71 35 74 6, F: +49 70 71 35 71 8
> E-mail: Jonas.Ullrich_at_tuebingen.netsurf.de
>
> Please help me.
>
> We use a Oracle 7.0 database on a "production" server. We connect normally
> to another "development" server, to test our applications. In the meantime
> the data in this database are not compatible to our "production" database.
> I have no administration experience. What to do, to copy the complete
> "production" database to the "development" server. Is it necessary to create
> a new database and import the *.dmp-Files or is there any easier way, for
> example copy complete directories via network?

IMHO the best way such task is done in freely following the second part of the bulletin
http://technet.oracle.com/support/bboard/content/1044.htm.

If you like to get specific information, please send an e-mail.

--

Sven Jensen

System- und Datenbankadministrator
GTO mbH Hamburg Received on Sun Nov 15 1998 - 15:39:20 CST