Re: How do I trouble Shoot the tns listner in UNIX??

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:08:29 +0200

Dan Roberts wrote in message <364A544E.1734A502_at_bms.com>...

>My TNS listener in UNIX/IRIX 6.4 was giving me trouble today and I am
>wondering if soemone can give me pointers on how to trouble shoot this.

Turn on tracing in the listener.ora and have a look see at the trace files. You may also want to have a peek at the IP stats on the Unix box - look for drop packets, errors, retries and the like.

And if you're still struggle and are brave enough, you can always truss the listener process. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 04:08:29 CST