How do I trouble Shoot the tns listner in UNIX??

From: Dan Roberts <roberts_d_at_bms.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:21:50 -0500

Hi All

My TNS listener in UNIX/IRIX 6.4 was giving me trouble today and I am wondering if soemone can give me pointers on how to trouble shoot this. This what happened..
I noticed that we where having lots of network problems at work.. Someone called me and said that they couldn't get into oracle. I tried to login into sqlplus and I could..then I did a ps-eaf | grep tns and saw that the listener process was still running..but yet via our web interface we were gettting the tns ora error. So I restarted the listener and everything was back to normal.

Does the listener die now and then if there is a lot of network delay for what ever reason??
Have any clues on how to go about troubleshooting these weirdness??>>Thanks,<Dan Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 21:21:50 CST