Client logons under load

From: ScottBPatt <scottbpatt_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Nov 1998 02:33:42 GMT

I am looking for ideas. So far all my investigation has turned up zip.

 I have an HPUX box that has a image used by 1-100 users. Each user has their own instance of the program. Under easy loads (20 users) there are no problems. As the number of users goes up (50+) suddenly all the processes start taking several minutes to log into the Oracle database. During this time other machines can access the database with out any problem. The database is 7.3.2 and is being served from a different HPUX server.

The client machine is busy but not max'd.

Ideas? Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 20:33:42 CST