Re: Client logons under load

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 12 Nov 98 23:20:40 GMT

How about thrashing? Finding enough memory to launch a new instance of the program? Users with connections are less likely to be swaped out.

ScottBPatt (scottbpatt_at_aol.com) wrote:
: I am looking for ideas. So far all my investigation has turned up zip.

: I have an HPUX box that has a image used by 1-100 users. Each user has their
: own instance of the program. Under easy loads (20 users) there are no
: problems. As the number of users goes up (50+) suddenly all the processes
: start taking several minutes to log into the Oracle database. During this time
: other machines can access the database with out any problem. The database is
: 7.3.2 and is being served from a different HPUX server.

: The client machine is busy but not max'd.

: Ideas?