RE: Oracle process is RWAST'd on VMS

From: Bill Wine <biwine_at_vassar.edu>
Date: 1998/11/06

After making a minor change to the way we set up reserved memory, the problem has not re-occurred. It's only been a week, and if the problem returns, I will repost.

The Oracle installation guide (page 1-25) suggests the following command to set up reserved memory:

$ mcr sysman
sysman> reserve add ora_xxx_sga/size=nnn/allocate/zero/page

We changed '/page' to '/nopage'.

Thanks to Geoff Bryant at Process Software for the tip.

This is a known problem at sites running Multinet.

Bill