Re: Oracle process is RWAST'd on VMS

From: <Guillaume.Gerard2_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 1998/11/02

Bill Wine a écrit dans le message <71cdei$cbp$1_at_sun5.vassar.edu>...
>We run Oracle 7.3.3.4 on VMS 7.1 on an Alpha 4100.
>
>We shutdown the database (shutdown immediate), do a cold
>backup, and restart every night. About once a week, we
>find that the database shuts down, but does not release it's
>reserved memory. When this happens, I have noticed an RWAST'd
>Oracle shadow process on the system. We have to reboot to
>remove that process and restart Oracle.

HI Bill,

     What account are you using to close the DB and start it ? check it has enough BYTLM and TQELM.

     when your ssytem is stuck,
$ anal/sys
sho sum
sho proc /index=<process that is rwasted> check the EFWM, if it looks like an address, read sys$loadable_images:sysdef
fo <the address>
there is a field named FLAGS.
if bit 0 is set this is a BYTLM pb
if bit 1 is set this is a TQELM pb Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST